Friday, March 8, 2013

Mentors & Littlefoot

Happy Friday!

Have you ever experienced, what I call, a Land Before Time moment? Yes, I am referencing the movie. I had that moment this week. If you haven't seen the movie, go get it, watch it and then come back to the blog. Of course, even if you have seen it, you still might not be able to follow my ramblings.

I have been in very long online workshops for the last four days with two of my mentors (technically three, but two of them are married to each other - so they count as one). Zach and Jody Gray and Jasmine Star. They have helped and inspired me on both a professional and personal level. They are amazing. What sets them apart, for me, is that they inspire me to be the best ME - not to be like them. In my movie analogy, they would be Littlefoot's grandparents.

What has resonated with me, during these workshops, is how important it is to be me. To own it. To put myself out there. I am going to be quite honest - the very idea of that terrifies me. I have always had a fear of not being good enough - of not being liked for being me. Cera has been the part of me that I usually show to the world. I have lived the majority of my  life making sure that people like me for what I can do for them.

In these workshops, I am learning that all of those parts of me:
Cera - confidence
Littlefoot - faith and determination
Ducky - hope, laughter and encouragement
Petrie - the ability to soar
All of those parts have to work together to stomp out the Sharptooth of fear. I can't fly without confidence, faith and encouragement. And how confident can I really be without faith?

There is a very small circle of individuals who get to know all of me. And, in order to thrive in my life and in my business, I am widening my circle. So, here I am. Out there. Vulnerable. Reminding myself of the love I already have from the ones who know me so well. I think I can see the Great Valley from here. :-)

P.S. I also learned actual Photography business during these workshops! And for those of you thinking I forgot about Spike.....he is the part of me that gains 5 pounds every time I chat on the phone with my sister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment